It is not only great for an on-the-go kid, or mother, but unlike some store bought granola bars, you know exactly what you are feeding them.
PEANUT BUTTER POPCORN GRANOLA BARS
(Makes about 9 3-inch bars)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (honey can be substituted)
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup trail mix
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Spray foil lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat agave nectar in a large saucepan until boiling. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in granola, trail mix and popcorn until coated.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan using either a greased spatula or another piece of greased foil. Refrigerate until cool; cut into bars to serve.